Monday, September 17, 2012

This used to be a ....cardboard shipping box!

I recently received a dress in a cardboard box meant for shipping... It was torn on one side...
Since my mom needed a memo board to keep track of groceries to buy, I thought I could convert this box to a memo board... Halfway through I decided it would be a two side memo holder and a pin it memo board! This way, bills could be stuffed in memo holder side and the TO DO/ TO BUY items can be pinned up in the pin it memo side...nice nah? So it was this..


I decorated the pin it side with golden diagonal washi tape from Lulupu and stamped an image using fiskars swirls of fun to make this...

And used FMI pattern paper, stamped a fiskars swirls of fun image and hippo stamps to make a memo holder like this....

Oh yes.... The blue organza ribbon is also from lulupu...the buttons on both sides from stash...





7 comments:

  1. Lovely idea!! It looks adorable and very useful for your mum!

    I so need to make something like this for myself as well :)

    thanks for participating in the Monthly challenge at Lulupu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, its pretty sweet. I like the idea too.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful transformation and such an useful creation too!
    Cheers from Bangalore, India
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great project and a useful one!
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea i made two notice boards the other day using 3 pieces of card for thickness wish id have thought of this thanks for joining us at C4E and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much more useful than a cardboard box! I do like a bit of recycling! Thank you for joining us at Tiot Cindy

    ReplyDelete